All our products are made from a material called Crystallite® which is manufactured from a specialised compound of natural minerals, pure polyester polymers and aggregates. This results in an ice-white solid surface product with a warm, velvety touch that is similar to natural stone.
The characteristics of this material are as follows:
- It is a solid surface resin based material meaning that the consistency is the same throughout the body of the product.
- It is highly chip resistant. In the event of an accident ie. dropping a heavy object onto a product which could chip the surface – the repair of such damage is simple and can be done on your premises.
- It is generally scratch resistant due to the use of unique crystal particles in the manufacturing process.
- It is non-porous and does not absorb water preventing micro-organism and bacterial growth – creating an extremely hygenic product.
- It is stain resistant and has been tested with hair-dyes, cigarettes and red wine. It takes no more than a quick rub-down with a scourer and some dry scouring powder (Vim) to remove any staining.
- It might fade slightly over time if exposed to direct sunlight.
- It is completely recyclable.
Please note that shrinkage lines, casting or tool marks, air holes and similar blemishes on the underside of our products do not affect the strength or quality of the unit and should not be viewed as defects.
All our products are hand cast and finished, giving each piece its unique individual characteristics.
The use of metal scouring pads or harsh chemicals such as acetone, ammoniac cleaners (e.g. Handy Andy), paint stripper or thinners will damage the surface of your bath or basin, and result in a change of colour.
LUXURY & POLISHED FINISH - CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
- Use a soft damp cloth or sponge with a soap based cleaning product to clean your bath or basin.
- For more resistant dirt, dissolve some Vim powder in a small volume of warm water and clean with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Rinse with clean water afterwards, and dry with a clean soft cloth.
MATT FINISH PRODUCTS ONLY - SURFACE MAINTENANCE
If any surface scratches occur during installation or afterwards, these can easily be removed with light sanding using the sanding pad supplied. Deeper scratches or small chips may require sanding with a more abrasive sanding pad to smooth them out before polishing with the one supplied to match the surrounding surface.
MATT FINISH PRODUCTS ONLY - CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
- Use a slightly damp sponge-backed scourer together with scouring powder (e.g. Vim) to clean your unit.
- The scourer will not scratch the material from which the unit is made.
- Rinse with clean water after scouring.
We are proud to provide a warranty against manufacturing fault or defective material for a period of 25 years from date of purchase on all our Crystallite® products. Liability under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement should the unit be deemed defective by the company or its representative.
This Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of this product, and the original purchase slip should be presented when making claim against this Warranty. This Warranty will be invalid in the event of one or more of the following being applicable:
- The product was installed in an inappropriate manner
- The product was used in a manner for which it was not intended
- The product has been altered in any way after leaving the factory
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Discoloration due to the use of unapproved cleaning materials
- Any consequential loss resulting from a possible defect
Important note: reconstituted stone products are vulnerable to extreme temperature variances, and care should always be taken to run hot and cold water into your bath/basin/vanity at the same time. We do not recommend that your geyser should be set above 60°C. In some instances running cold or hot water directly may result in cracking (known as 'thermal shock').
Custom products will carry the standard warranty on Crystallite products. Products which have integrated electronics or lights are guaranteed to be delivered to site in full working order. The subsequent connections of the electricals to the Mains by an electrician, light bulbs, transformers etc are not covered under this warranty. The short electrical cable provided with the bath is for Testing purposes only, and your electrician will remove this to wire correctly into your Mains. Some products use silicone in the manufacturing process and the normal issues related to silicone in the long term will affect certain joints in the product. Safety glass in accordance with South African safety regulations in used in the manufacture of our glass sided baths. We do not accept liability for any scratches, discoloration due to harsh cleaning materials etc